Protecting the Privacy of Our Customers
Welcome to our website. Security Federal Savings Bank understands that our customers are concerned about their personal information. Because of this, our customers’ privacy has always been, and always will be, one of our most important concerns. We subscribe fully to this statement of Privacy Principles and we strive to protect our customers’ information according to, not only federal and state laws, but even more importantly, according to our own strict standards.
Technology and new marketing practices have increased the amount of customer information collected and shared in today’s marketplace. We are sensitive to the importance of these concerns. We want to serve you as effectively and conveniently as possible and such service involves making use of technology and customer information. But we also want you to be confident that your relationship with us is treated with the appropriate confidentiality. We therefore commit to you that we will take reasonable steps to protect the privacy of any information shared with us.
What does Security Federal Savings Bank do with your personal information?
Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives customers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
- Social Security Number and income
- Account balance and payment history
- Credit history and credit score
When you are no longer our customer, we continue to share your information as described in this notice.
All financial companies need to share customers’ personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their customers’ personal information; the reasons Security Federal Savings Bank chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.
Reasons we can share your personal information
- For our everyday business purposes – such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigators, or report to credit bureaus.
- For our marketing purposes – to offer our products and services to you.
- For joint marketing with other financial companies.
- For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes – information about your transactions and experiences.
- For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes – information about your creditworthiness.
- For non-affiliates to market to you.
How does Security Federal Savings Bank protect my personal information?
To protect you personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
How does Security Federal Savings Bank collect my information?
We collect your personal information, for example, when you:
- open an account or deposit money
- pay your bills or apply for a loan
- use your credit or debit card
We also collect your personal information from others, such as credit bureaus, affiliates, or other companies.
Why can’t I limit sharing?
Federal law gives you the right to limit only
- sharing for affiliates’ everyday business purposes – information about your creditworthiness
- affiliates from using your information to market to you
- sharing for non-affiliates to market to you
State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing.
- Affiliates: Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and non-financial companies. Security Federal Savings Bank has no affiliates companies.
- Non-affiliates: Security Federal Savings Bank does not share with non-affiliates so they can market to you.
- Joint marketing: A formal agreement between non-affiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you.
Privacy and the Internet
We understand that customers may have special privacy concerns regarding the Bank’s use of the Internet. In particular, customers might be anxious to ensure that their information is secure. Security Federal Savings Bank is equally concerned about privacy in the Internet world and is committed to its protection.
Security Federal Savings Bank is committed to protecting user privacy and our website is maintained consistently with banking industry privacy principles. You can be assured that you can visit our website without identifying yourself or giving us any information that identifies you personally unless you specifically choose to provide such information to us. Our website does not collect personal identifying information about site users, except for information knowingly provided by the user who posts electronic mail (e-mail) messages or inquiries (Since general e-mail is not encrypted, we recommend that you do not send confidential information, such as social security or account numbers, via un-encrypted e-mail message(s).). Any on-line banking transaction or application features that we add to our website will employ encryption: in other words, the transmission will be scrambled en route and decoded when it reaches Security Federal Savings Bank.
Also, our website is directed at customers and potential customers that are adults. However, children may access our website and provide information in ways previously explained in this policy statement. They may request information concerning certain products or services. Should children access our website, we are confident that parents will not judge any of the information provided as objectionable for viewing by their children. Parents can avail themselves of various software packages that are available to prevent their children from accessing websites that they deem inappropriate.
Lastly, we may provide external links to websites that contain information on topics that may be useful to users of our website. Although we may provide these external links as a benefit to our customers, it does not mean that we endorse the use or content of these websites. We recommend that you always review the privacy policies of any website entity of which you intend to conduct business.
If you have any questions about our Privacy Principles you may call us at 931-473-4483 or write to us at Security Federal Savings Bank, P.O. Box 7027, McMinnville, TN 37111.