Certificate of Deposit (CD)
Security Federal offers fixed rate interest on CD's ranging from 6 months to 5 years. Start your CD with a minimum deposit of $1,000. You can begin earning interest in the CD term of your choice, according to your needs.
- Higher Interest rates than regular savings accounts.
- Short to long term CD’s to choose from
- Increasing the length of your term increases your interest rate.
- $1000 minimum opening deposit
- Early withdrawal penalties may apply
Contact one of our friendly Customer Service Representatives for current term and rate information.
Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs)
Looking forward to retirement? Start thinking about an Individual Retirement Account as soon as possible. Security Federal offers several IRA plans, visit or call us today to see what might work best for you.
- SIMPLE- A SIMPLE IRA plan (Savings Incentive Match PLan for Employees) allows employees and employers to contribute to traditional IRAs set up for employees. It is ideally suited as a start-up retirement savings plan for small employers not currently sponsoring a retirement plan.
- Traditional- Traditional IRAs (individual retirement accounts) allow individuals to contribute pre-tax dollars to a retirement account where investments grow tax-deferred until withdrawal during retirement. Upon retirement, withdrawals are taxed at the IRA owner's current income tax rate.
- SEP- A SEP plan allows employers to contribute to traditional IRAs (SEP-IRAs) set up for employees. A business of any size, even self-employed, can establish a SEP.
- ROTH- A Roth IRA is an Individual Retirement Account to which you contribute after-tax dollars. While there are no current-year tax benefits, your contributions and earnings can grow tax-free, and you can withdraw them tax- and penalty-free after age 59½ and once the account has been open for five years.