Mobile Banking Agreement and Disclosure
Security Federal Savings Bank (“SFSB”) endeavors to provide you with the highest quality Mobile Banking (the “Service”) available. By enrolling in the Service, you agree to all of the terms and conditions detailed in this Agreement and Disclosure (the “Agreement”). This Agreement should be read in conjunction with the Security Federal Savings Bank Online Banking Agreement and Disclosure associated with your account(s). All applicable terms and conditions of the Online Banking Agreement and Disclosure apply to this Agreement as if included within this document. If new features are added in the future, any such features and services will be governed by this Agreement and by the terms and conditions provided to you at the time the new service/feature is added to Mobile Banking and/or such time as you enroll in the new service/feature. We reserve the right to amend these terms and modify or cancel the Mobile Banking services we offer without notice, except as may be required by Law. By your use or by you permitting another person to use the Service, you agree to abide by the terms and conditions of this or any subsequent Agreement. You should refer to the most recent Agreement available at www.secfed.net.
As used in this Agreement, the following words have the meanings given:
- “Account(s)”—your eligible checking, savings, loan, certificate of deposit or safe deposit box information and other SFSB products that can be accessed through Mobile Banking.
- “Device” –- any supportable mobile device including cellular phone or other mobile device that is web-enabled and allows secure SSL traffic and is also capable of receiving SMS (short message service) text messages.
- “Mobile banking” – means banking services accessible from mobile devices.
- “You” and “Yours” – mean each person with authorized access to your Account(s) who applies and uses the Mobile Banking Service.
- “We”, “Us”, and “Bank” – means Security Federal Savings Bank.
Other definitions may be included in the Online Banking Agreement applicable to your accounts.
Mobile Banking Service
- Description of Service – Mobile Banking is offered as a convenient supplement to our Online Banking service. It is not intended to replace access to our online banking service from your personal computer or other methods of managing your accounts. Mobile Banking allows you to access your account information, make payments to established payees, transfer funds between Security Federal accounts, and conduct other bank transactions or inquiries. To enroll in Mobile Banking you must first be enrolled in Online Banking and then activate your device within Online Banking.We reserve the right to limit the types and number of accounts eligible and the right to refuse any transaction you request through Mobile Banking. We also reserve the right to modify the product or service at any time. You will be notified of restrictions electronically.
Mobile Banking may not be accessible or may have limited use on some network carriers. The service may not be supportable on all mobile devices. Security Federal Savings Bank does not guarantee and is not responsible for the availability of service provided by your mobile carrier, such as data outages or service range issues.
We will make a reasonable effort to make the Service available on a continuous basis. The Service may be unavailable for short periods of time for maintenance. We will strive to schedule maintenance during non-peak hours. Also, Service may be interrupted because of conditions beyond our control, such as internet outages. We will use diligent efforts to re-establish Services as promptly as possible. We may elect to discontinue this Service at any time. If so, we will make effort to notify Mobile Banking users.
- Use of Service – We may modify the Service at our sole discretion. In the event of modifications, you are responsible for your understanding of the use of the Service as modified. You are also responsible for making sure you know how to properly use your device and we will not be liable to you for any losses caused by your failure to properly use the Service or your device. You should refer to the most recent Agreement to determine current requirements or restrictions. Initial and continued use of the Service constitutes your acceptance to be bound by all the terms and conditions of most recent Agreement.
- When using Mobile Banking you remain subject to the terms and conditions of your existing agreements with any unaffiliated service providers, including, but not limited to, your mobile service provider and that this Agreement does not amend or supersede any of those agreements. You understand that those agreements may provide for fees, limitations and restrictions which might impact your use of Mobile Banking. You agree that you are solely responsible for any fees imposed by your mobile service provider, including but not limited to data usage fees or text messaging charges. The Bank is not responsible for your mobile service provider’s products and/or services. You agree to resolve any such problems with your provider directly.Any deposit account, loan or other banking product accessed through this Service is subject to the Account Agreement and Disclosure provided at the time of account opening or as modified. You should review your Account disclosures as they may include limitations and fees which might apply to your transactions conducted through Mobile Banking, such as excess debit fees or overdraft fees.
- You may use the Service to transfer funds between your eligible Security Federal Savings Bank accounts (“Internal Transfer”). You may not transfer to or from an account at another financial institution by using Mobile Banking.Transfers submitted prior to the deadline established by our Mobile Banking service will be immediate internal transfers. Transfer transactions received after 5:00 pm. Central on business days and ALL transactions requested on Saturday, Sunday or holidays (when bank is closed) will be processed on the Bank’s next business day.
You must have sufficient funds available in the selected account at the time of the transfer request is received, including any Overdraft Privilege. We may process transfers that exceed your available balance at our sole discretion. You may be responsible for Non-Sufficient Funds (NSF) fees if there are insufficient funds in your account. You may also be responsible for NSF fees if there are insufficient funds to process a Bill Payment transaction. You may be charged fees on excessive debit transactions on Money Market or Savings accounts as detailed in your Account Agreements. You may be charged NSF fees or Overdraft fees for any paper item presented and paid on your behalf as a result of an action or transaction using our Bill Payment Services if the transaction is presented against an account containing insufficient funds. You may also be charged a fee if an overdraft is created by in-person withdrawal, ATM withdrawal, return of deposited items, POS or electronic transactions, Internet Banking transfers, Bill Payment transactions or a hold on deposited funds. Refer to the current schedule for the amounts of these charges and other fees that may apply.
Federal regulations require financial institutions to limit the way withdrawals may be made from a savings or money market account. Each transfer using Mobile Banking is counted as one of the limited transactions permitted during a statement cycle period, as described in your Deposit Account Agreement and Disclosures.
We may also limit the type, frequency and amount of transfers for security purposes and may change or impose the limits without notice. You agree to confirm the completion of each transfer in your account balance and transaction history before withdrawing transferred funds.
You represent and agree to the following by enrolling for Mobile Banking or by using the Service:
- Account Ownership/Accurate information – You represent that you are the legal owner of the Accounts and other financial information which may be accessed through Mobile Banking. You represent and agree that all information provided to us in connection with Mobile Banking is accurate, current and complete, and that you have the right to provide such information to us for the purpose of using Mobile Banking. You agree not to misrepresent your identity or account information. You agree to keep your account information current and accurate. You represent that you are an authorized user of the mobile device you use to access Mobile Banking.
- User Security – You agree to take every precaution to ensure the safety, security and integrity of your account and transactions while using Mobile Banking. You agree not to leave your device unattended while logged into Mobile Banking and to log off immediately upon completion of your transactions. You agree not to provide your username, password or other access information to unauthorized persons. If you permit other persons to use your device, login information, or other means to access Mobile Banking, you are responsible for any transactions they authorize and we will not be liable for any damages that result. We make no representations that any content or use of Mobile Banking will be available outside of the United States. Accessing Mobile Banking from locations outside of the United States is at your own risk.
- You agree to contact your mobile service provider about a lost or stolen device. You agree to notify us immediately if your mobile device is lost, stolen, or if your user name or password has been compromised or if you believe someone has made unauthorized transactions or in any way accessed your account(s). Contact us at 931-473-4483 to report any such incident. It is advised that you immediately change your password in any situation where you suspect unauthorized access. You should change your password periodically and may change it at any time by accessing your Online Banking account.
- Use of Authorized Application (App) – You agree if you choose to use an App in conjunction with accessing Mobile Banking that you download only from the official App store, Google Play or Apple App Store. You should ensure prior to download that the developer name and bank name of Security Federal Savings Bank is displayed. Use of any other App or download from any other source could compromise your device’s security and in turn allow unauthorized access to your accounts. We will not be liable for any liability resulting from the use of other downloaded Apps.
- User Conduct – You agree not to use Mobile Banking or the content or information delivered through Mobile Banking in any way that would (a) infringe any third-party copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights or privacy, including any rights in the Software; (b) be fraudulent or involve the sale of counterfeit or stolen items, including, but not limited to, use of Mobile Banking to impersonate another person or entity; (c) violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation ; (d) be false, misleading or inaccurate; (e) create liability for us or our affiliates or service provider, or cause us to lose the services of any of our service providers; (f) be defamatory, trade libelous, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing; (g) potentially be perceived as illegal, offensive or objectionable; (h) interfere with or disrupt computer networks connected to Mobile Banking; (i) interfere with or disrupt the use of Mobile Banking by any other user; (j) use Mobile Banking in such a manner as to gain unauthorized entry or access to the computer systems of other.
- No Commercial Use or Re-Sale – You agree that the Service is only for the personal or business use of individuals authorized to access your account information. You agree not to make any commercial use of Mobile Banking or resell, lease, rent or distribute access to Mobile Banking.
- Indemnification – Unless caused by our intentional misconduct or gross negligence, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Security Federal Savings Bank, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, service providers, and licensors from any and all third party claims, liability, damages, expenses, and costs.
- Consent to Electronic Delivery of Notices – You agree that any notice or other type of communication provided to You pursuant to the terms of this Agreement and other associated agreements and any future disclosures required by law including electronic funds transfer disclosures, may be made electronically by posting the notice on the Website or at our option by e-mail or SMS text message. You further agree to notify us immediately of any change to your e-mail address, phone number, or mobile service provider by updating your Online Banking Options. You agree that posting or providing any notice or other type of communication required by this Agreement or any associated agreement and any future disclosures as described shall constitute full notice to you.
- You will never receive a message from Security Federal Savings Bank that asks you to send us any sensitive personal or financial information such as your social security number, account number, user name, and/or password. If you ever receive such a request for sensitive personal or financial information, do not respond to the message and call us at 931-473-4483 to report the incident.